Tuesday, May 8, 2012

KaiShares SOLD OUT

Well, well, well.  Not a bad run for 24 hours.

Hoped to pick up 35 mini-backers by the end of the week of 1% of my action in five events in New Orleans (including the main)...and those shares sold out in just under 24 hours.  As of now, I'm actually a little bit oversold.  Not quite as bad as, say, Delta airlines.  But, depending on who is able to pay, I figure by the end of the week, I may have sold 50% of my action.  Will absolutely not sell more than that though!  I still think that would leave me with ten more shares or so I may be willing to sell.  So if you're still interested, I may have a few left I can sell you.

Of course, a great scheme would be to oversell way past 100% of myself, deliberately lose, and pocket the remaining money (a la The Producers).   Ahhhhh....such easy money if only I were a criminal.  Unfortunately for me, I'm listing all of you shareholders down at the end of this blog; as well as the number of shares you bought.  And I'll be invested in myself at least 50%.

But being oversold isn't quite the problem it appears due to nature of the beast being that some of you will just simply forget to pay before I get started.  No problem immediately, but more on that later.

I think you guys really liked my sales format.  Buying just one percent of a player in several tournaments kind of raises your hopes for a return, as opposed to buying just 5% of someone in the main.  And I think it was such a small amount ($35) that it's more of a fun sweat than anything...a "sweat" that gets stretched out over several days.  Ideally, I could have sold you all 1% of my action in TEN events, but in this short of a series, that's just not feasable.  There's ways around it, but if you start making enough "Day 2s," then it gets complicated, as to how to refund money in events you couldn't play in. 

Not to mention that over the course of ten tournaments, you get a much better liklihood of a return, with a more fair sample size and all.  But we're gonna try do it in five, damnit!!!

Most of all what I aimed to do here was to get some of my readers involved, which was a little more interactive and enjoyable.  Hearing from a few (essentially anonymous) people who read my blog (and never leave comments, cough cough) and wanted to buy a piece... or even didn't... was satisfying.  Getting interaction from those who enjoy my blog, or crossover readers from Monkey's blog (and sports pools) adds another  entertaining dynamic to it.  I even have a couple of people backing me who don't even play poker, but want to have something to gamble on/ root for. Cool!

In fact, I believe I'm the only guy going into New Orleans, or any circuit event this year with fifteen backers.  HA!  I just hope that's not fifteen people to give the "sorry shrug" to at the end of this thing.  Hopefully, I get you at least something a little bit above your $35 investment.

Even got a little more educated on this journey.  I've never been backed, outside of save/swaps.  And I think the only people I've personally ever backed, ever, was Monkey once, a dealer from the Beau Rivage once, and David Nicholson once.  Nice non-cash, Nicholson!!!  ;)

So when Matthew Stroud starts asking me about my markup and my ITM rate...I'm literally like "huh???"

After he explained "in the money" rate to me, all I could remember was my ITM in the mains.  You always remember your main events.  I've played ten mains and cashed in 4 ( 1st, a 2d, a 22d and a 24th).  I'm sure my ITM in regular events isn't nearly as good as 40% because main events are actually so much easier, as many of you know.  I'm also certain my ITM, whatever it is, would be higher if I didn't "swing for the fence" so much.  But I like bling and swing hard for it.

Anyway, here's how the KaiShare backer list stands now.

FINAL LIST.


Barth Melius (10) paid
Michael Kmetz (5) paid
Jose Vasquez (2) paid
Matthew Stroud (5) paid
Kristin Deerdorf (1) paid
Michael Schneider (2) paid
Kiki Chase (1) paid
"a reader: 'Angry F****n' Robert' of far Northeast Mississippi"  (10) paid
Dan Walsh (2) paid
Eric Cochran (2) paid
Steve Fernandez (3) paid
Corey Souther (3) paid
Mark Shreve (1) paid
Yvonne "Duvernet Parish" Carlisle (2) paid
Clay Dedeaux (5) paid
Jimmy Dotson (1)  paid

This is for (4) $355 events and (1) main event.  IF you send money via PayPal, be sure to go to "send money" --> to --> amount -->  then hit the "personal tab" instead of purchase.  It should spare us any PayPal fees.  Just please try to pay before play begins for me so there's no confusion.  I'll have a final tally of who's in/ out before my first tournament.

Lastly, I may not be able to start on Thursday or Friday due to the very recent passing of my favorite uncle.  I am very honored that he requested me to be one of his pallbearers at his service on Saturday.  So, not quite the place for this news at all, however I will simply and briefly say that he will be incredibly missed by us all.  He was fortunate to live a long, rich life with kids, grandkids and great grandkids.  Hopefully, we'll all be that lucky in our personal lives.  We're still waiting to hear the details of his services, and this will determine on what day I can begin play.  Possibly Thursday or Friday, most likely Sunday.  Will let you all know.  Thanks.

K






1 comment: